Happy April Fool…, is your e-commerce ready for GST setting? Opencart is very simple to do that.
1. Geo Zones already setup Malaysia Address.
1. Login to Your Admin Account.
2. System -> Localisation ->Taxes -> Tax Rates
3. System -> Localisation ->Taxes -> Tax Class
The Tax Class is base on the Shipping Address. So it will only calculate if the Geo Zones requirement had matched.
4. Add GST ID No. In your Store Address field.
This is easy way to add your GST ID No. in your e-commerce, which is under your address. So each of your invoice will be added the GST ID No.
5. Display Price with Tax (Optional) System -> Settings-> Option (Tab), Scroll until TAXES Section
6. Add Tax Class to the Product that affected GST
7. Shipping Cost with Tax Rate (In this case I am using Flat Rate)
8. Confirm Order Summary:
9. Change the INVOICE to TAX INVOICE
When you access to admin, you can view the order and generate an invoice for the particular order.
How you fix to TAX INVOICE? This one required a bit technical knowledge.
Go to opencart_folderadminlanguageenglishsaleorder.php
$_[‘text_invoice’] = ‘Invoice’;
$_[‘text_invoice’] = ‘Tax Invoice’;
This is after edit the word to Tax Invoice.
That’s all, just that simple in order for your eCommerce to meet GST requirement. Thank you for reading.
Do leave a comment below if you need any help.